Saturday, March 20, 2010

When I was sure of winning, I lost.

When I was in College, I used to take foreign language course, which is French. On my first sem on that subject, I felt like I made a wrong choice. It was not that easy. I studied more on this subject than my other major course.

Every meeting, Mr. D., my French prof, would teach us French activity and afterwards he would give a graded recitation. One wrong pronunciation or even spelling, you won't get a star. But, if you did right, the brightest star's for you.

Each one of us wanted to get one. We were forced to study HARD. Since, most of my block mates already got one, I was challenged. I studied the night before the recitation. I even didn't get enough sleep just to memorize all those words and practice the way of pronouncing those.

I was excited to be called. Then, Mr. D asked me. I answered it correctly. I was so sure of it. He asked me to write it just to see if I know even the way of writing it.

TRIVIA: In French language, every word has a gender. Whether it's feminine or masculine. So you must know the right construction of words.

"Oh, you're wrong. You missed one letter."

Why did I brag this stuff? 'Cus, while I'm on my saddest moment of my life, I remember what he said to me after seriously studied all his lessons. "You almost got a star but, you made a mistake." With just that one letter, I failed to get a star! Oh kill me now.

It was like my experience in applying for Asiana. I almost reached up to the final screening but, I failed. I'm seriously in pain. Dinaig ko pa ang broken hearted.

Lord, help me find my way. I'm on the verge of breaking down. It really hurts to know that I've come so close but, still, I'm far. Est-ce que vous pouvez m'aider? I don't know which way to go. Help me! Guide me! :'(

"TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

No comments:

Post a Comment